Yawn... Wakey Wakey...!!! #3

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wiseowl, Feb 2, 2010.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +117,287
    Good morning everyone,

woo, I got on here before you today :thumb: :hehe:. I suppose i'm cheating a bit as I haven't been to bed yet :).

It's just started raining :yho:

Good night and see you later. :D

2. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,272
    Goodnight and good morning Shiney:hehe: and good morning to all my other friends,I hope that you are all OK and well,have a great day and please stay safe:)

3. shiney

Ratings:
    +117,287
    Good morning, again :hehe:, woo and everyone

That rain didn't last long :(. The patio is still damp but the sun is shining again.

Can't stay in bed. Lots to do.

Have a great day :D

4. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,667
    Good morning everyone,

Its sunny and HOT here, mid 90's with the humidity......i am off to run some errands and have to drive to Toronto to pick up some parts.....so have a great day everyone.

5. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all -

Shiney - Sorry for the loss of your friend, though it sounds like your friend would've enjoyed his celebration - I always think it's so thoughtful of people who have taken the time to plan what they want - it takes an awful burden off of those left behind, and there is no doubt that it's being celebrated the way he would've wanted.

Been so busy with things lately - have finally finished (well, officially!) work for the academic year, and not back now till September - so a little more free time on my hands now :) Going to thoroughly enjoy next week (still working a little this week) with meeting some friends for lunch etc., while the kids and OH are still at school - I can a lady of leisure for the week :)

I hope everybody is well and enjoying the fruits of their labours!

6. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +549
    Evening all,
    Shiney I am sorry to hear about your friend but I think planning your own funeral is a good thing to do. I always get really upset at funerals but I make myself go to them.

I went to see the little lad in his school play today, it was so cute and he smiled all over his face when he saw me there! His mum couldn't make it so I said I would go - a few bus journeys and a LOT of walking. :old:

The hospital says my eyes are drifting outwards hence the double vision, I have to go back in October. I will see what the optician says in the meantime. As long as I don't end up like Marty Feldman :D:(

7. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,272
    Good morning Shiney,Kandy,Jazmine,Penny,Natalie and all my other friends hope you all awake feeling great ,just going for a little walk:hehe: this morning as its raining and wet underfoot,and my wings have been clipped a bit(Doctors orders)but Gypsy,Tiny and Penny insist that we go,anyway everyone have a lovely day and you all stay safe:)

8. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Woo and everyone,

Hope you enjoy your flightless walk this morning Woo,we have had rain here as well,although it appears dry out there at the moment.At least I haven't had to rush over to water the allotment so that is a good thing.:D

Still quiet busy here at the moment,so not having much time at all to get on here so hope you are all ok and enjoying the summer:D

Have a good one :)

9. shiney

Ratings:
    +117,287
    Good morning everyone,

I hope you enjoyed your walk :) and hope things pick up for you soon. :thumb:

It's sunny here this morning and a bit breezy. Yesterday we had gales and there was some damage to the garden. Our sweetpea structures were blown down so I hammered some 2" x 1" stakes into the ground and tied them up. The structures can't be put more than two inches into the ground so they had been held there with something similar to short tent pegs. I'll have to make bigger pegs. We also had some of our pots of flowers blown over :(.

Mrs shiney was in London all day yesterday. She went to the memorial service of a friend at St Mary Le Bow church in the City. A very impressive church.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As she was already up there she met some American friends that were on holiday here and went to an interesting lecture at the National Gallery on 'Fakes, Mistakes and Discoveries'.

Here is the latest item on the art podium at Trafalgar Square

[​IMG]

and if you weren't able to make it to the premiere of the new Karate Kid film this is the closest we can get you to it :hehe:

[​IMG]

10. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,667
    Good morning everyone,

Its another HOT day here, with thunderstorms in the forecast, we did get some rain lastnight, and some thunder, but no lightening, thankfully!

Great pictures too Shiney!

11. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,272
    Good morning all my friends I hope that you are OK and wide awake this morning,everyone have a good day and please take care :)

12. shiney

Ratings:
    +117,287
    Good morning woo, and everyone,

The wind has dropped and the sun is shining :thumb:

As we still haven't had rain I shall have to put the sprinkler on. Some of our plants are drooping badly and the ground is cracking up :(.

Students this weekend, so I'm on kitchen duty :hehe:.

13. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Woo Shiney and everyone.:)

We have had loads of rain which is nice because it means I don't have to worry about the allotment and garden plants while we are away in the sun...ish:D

Have a great week everyone and see you all sometime in the future:)

14. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,272
    Good morning all my friends its Sunday morning and the weather looks good,warm and sunny for the next week(temperatures of 90 plus Fahrenheit):) Today looks good for a middle distance walk ,been a funny sort of a week for yours truly,Wednesday just gone the shower gave up,so I had to purchase a new one and install it ,which is OK now,yesterday The car gave up(gearbox I think) but apart from that, life,s a ball,these things happen don,t they!:hehe: well on the list of priorities in life they are at the bottom aren't they,I wish you a very enjoyable Sunday and all of you please stay safe:)

The Sunrise this morning
    Tequila Sunrise:hehe:
    [​IMG]

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +117,287
    Good morning woo and everyone,

Kandy, we still haven't had rain and now they are forecasting another heatwave. So it looks as though the sprinkler is going to have to work overtime. The shrubs that were drooping badly yesterday seem to have recovered after being well watered and I have just put the sprinkler on the veggies. All the courgettes and squash had limp leaves and the beans are suffering from windburn :(. The birds are loving the sprinkler being on and are running in and out of the spray :D.

woo, I can almost smell that rose :). Sorry to hear of your problems at home and hope the car can be fixed without too much expense. It sounds as though you are recovering OK :thumb: and I hope you enjoyed your walk.