1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Yawn.... Wakey.. Wakey...!!!! MK3..

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Marley Farley, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,496
    Good morning everyone,

O2, I'm pleased that you had a good birthday party :yahoo: , but I don't think the outside world would think you were normal as you are a regular on here :heehee:.

Woo, Mira and Kandy - you all posted whilst I was typing and sneezing.

Kandy, I remember that when I used to do the rotovating my hands used to get pins and needles and cramp up. That was from having to grip it so hard as I worked. I eventually gave it to a friend and now Tracey does the digging :thumb:. I don't sell much of my produce to the villagers but the townies buy it. As I always sell everything at half the price of the supermarkets it goes very quickly.

It was very frosty again last night but it cleared up before dawn. We haven't got the lovely sunshine that we had yesterday but I'm sure it will be a good day :thumb:

It's another student day today so I shall get started soon on the cooking.

Have a great day :D

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Woo and Miraflores :)

Woo lovely to see you up and about and hope you are well :)

Mira,that sounds quiet nasty,and hope that you have got it covered so you don't get any nasty bugs in the wound when you are outside gardening :P

Enjoy your day :)

3. shiney

Ratings:
    +118,496
    Kandy, you posted again whilst I was adding the bit that said you posted whilst I was typing :scratch: :loll:

this could go on all day :rolleyespink:

Mira, hurting your typing finger can be a bit of a disaster. It's almost like having a gag over your mouth when talking :rofl:

4. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Shiney,Just got back from our early morning walk in the fresh air,cough cough :D

Sorry missed you as like you say you must have been typing but i am pretty sure your post wasn't above my last one or below my first one unless of course it is the time lag thingy :rolleyespink: :D

I have had the pins and needles in the past when I have been rotavating for three hours at a time and have now seen on the net that you can buy anti vibrating gloves to wear.I don't like this new rotavator as it has it's own bias and tends to go where it wants and if it hits a stone or hard ground it veers off and i have to fight to get it back on course. :mad: I think we need to go back to horse power of a different kind and then will get free poo for the garden and allotment but will struggle getting the horse into the back of the car :heehee:

Tracey will enjoy using your rotavator and i bet it has helped

When i was talking to the Dr the other week about my aching hands and swollen joints he asked a few questions and mentioned Carpel Tunnel Syndrome but never said about getting anything done about it so i will keep massaging my hands and putting up with it :P

Anyway,some creases taken out of the clothes so will watch the Tudors we recorded last night while I am doing it then will get the dinner on :)

5. shiney

Ratings:
    +118,496
    Hi Kandy,

Tracey prefers to dig by hand so that is why I gave the rotovator to a friend. She prefers ot hand dig and get the weeds out at the same time.

6. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Oops,sorry Shiney,I should have read your post a bit slower before answering,although I hope that you look on Tracey as a friend as she looks after your soil and weeds so I was partially right :D

7. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +694
    :rolleyespink: Evening everyone!
    Kandy I reach a milestone in April (60] and I will get free prescriptions and eyesight tests but not a bus pass until I am 61.

Had a lovely day here, we had a large family gathering to celebrate my parents anniversary. My sister came down from London so it was good to see her. I am just home!

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,

Happy First Day Of Spring to you all :)

Jazmine thanks for the info and will pass it on to Mr Kandy :dbgrtmb:

Good news,Chloe is coming home today as she has slowly started to move around and use the litter tray at the animal hospital and is taking her first food.One of her eyes still isn't right but no doubt my sister and her hubby will be told why and when to go back for regular check ups.Thanks to everyone that was praying for her,much appreciated :dbgrtmb:

I've got the dreaded sore throat today and just hoping I am fit enough to fight off the impending cold and can keep it at bay :D

Have a good day everyone and see you all hopefully when this site gets back to normality :)

9. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,883
    Good Morning Kandy and all my other friends,hope you are all OK and well,have a good day and stay safe.:)

10. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,667
    Morning everyone,

Its raining here, so nice to see the snow melting!!!

11. shiney

Ratings:
    +118,496
    Just checking my thread subscriptions

12. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,883
    Good morning all my friends hope you are all OK and feeling good this Spring morning,have a great day and please stay safe.:)

13. shiney

Ratings:
    +118,496
    Good morning woo and everyone,

Well, it looks as though GC is getting back to its original way very quickly :dbgrtmb:. Well done, GC :yahoo:

Today seems as though it is going to be quite warm :).

Yesterday I felt a vibration in the steering of my car when I was going over 60 mph and took the car to the local tyre place to have the wheels balanced. He took one look at the car and said he can't do it and pointed out that my nearside front wheel was buckled :cry3:. I've had to order one from the nearest main dealers and it's going to cost £300 :thud:

Have a great day :D

14. davygfuchsia

davygfuchsia Gardener

Ratings:
    +257
    Morning to everyone . Looks like being a good day here in Northants.so going to do my good deed for the day and do some pruning for one of my older neighbours..
    Enjoy your day everyone ..

Dave

15. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Woo Shiney and everyone {smile}

I can't remember if this site is like the orignal one we started with or whether it is the one after that,but at lreast it is a bit more easier to work out {apart from the smilies}.Had loads of problems trying to get the password sorted out and after 2x5 attempts it kept tellign me to try again after 15 mins then it said the string thingy was wrong Couldn't read half the stupid letters}.In the end Mr Kandy had a fiddle with it and got me logged in {grin}

Shiney,sorry to hear about your car wheel being buckled.I am always having to get right over to avoid the big tipper lorries in our village as they race round and had to have a new tyre {£65}plus a puncture repair{can't remember the price}in my little car in January but luckily it didn't cost an arm and a leg like yours will {eeek}

Anyway,got some work done over at the allotment yesterday and this morning have hung out a line foull of washing,got the veggies prepared for tonights dinner,been out and taken photos of more spring bulbs in flower,watered my plant pots and am just eating my porridge {grin}

I've just seen the go advanced button so i expect the smilies are lurking in there somewhere {smile}

Have a good day everyone...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.