1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,337
    Hi everyone :gnthb:

We had a great time in The Lakes. Every day except one was brilliant sunshine and warm :yho: :yho:

We did a lot of, easy, walking which was only marred by someone having a serious accident falling of a low crag. We arrived there just after it happened and watched the rescue. The poor woman had head and spinal injuries (Kandy, thanks for the update). If I get time I shall put up a thread about it. We can't praise the rescue people enough - two helicopters and 21 medics and rescue people.

I haven't had time to look back to see how everyone is, so hope you are all well. :thumb:

have a great day :D

2. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,797
    Hi Shiney welcome back,pleased that the weather was kind to you and that you had a lovely time:thumb::)

3. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
  4. shiney

Ratings:
    +118,337
    Thanks everyone, :gnthb:

I've now got so many things to try and catch up on but it will keep me out of mischief :hehe:

At least the grass hasn't grown much so a quick run over that should do it. We'll have to replant what the rabbits have dug up :mad: and I'm going to have to dust off my air rifle. Oscar hasn't been keeping them away but the poor dear has the sneezes at the moment. Mrs shiney has made some remedies for him and he happily takes his pills when she gives them to him :). I've turned up the temperature of the propagator for him and Mrs shiney has given him an extra blanket k-l

I've been working on a couple of consumer problems since I got back and the letters have now been sent. One is to a bank that has refunded some charges but not given the promised compensation I dragged from them. The other is a power company that did give the promised compensation but has messed up the bills again :(

Keep well and have a great day :D

5. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +694
    Hi Shiney, great to see you back and I am pleased you enjoyed your holiday apart from that poor lady having the nasty accident.
    I hope poor Oscar picks up soon and the tablets are helping him.
    Say hello to Mrs. Shiney too :)

6. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,667
    Morning everyone,

Its supposed to rain here later, and i sure hope that it does.

Welcome back Shiney.

7. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,797
    Good morning all my friends hope you are all OK,Just going to take my four legged friends out for our Constitutional walk,Its a lovely morning,quite warm and calm,In fact its just a great Saturday morning everyone have a lovely weekend and please stay safe:)

8. shiney

Ratings:
    +118,337
    Good morning woo and everyone,

It looks set for another lovely day. I shall finish the mowing this morning before I start preparing food for our guests who are due to start arriving at noon. After the mowing I shall pop up the road to dig up some horseradish and make a lovely hot sauce with it. :gnthb:

Oscar seems to be a little better. He is still sneezing and has lost his voice but his eyes are nice and clear :thumb:. The poor dear looks quite funny when he opens his mouth to miaow and nothing comes out. He is quite happy to take his pills when Mrs shiney tells him to. She just opens his mouth and pops the pill in and he swallows it. He then gets a big cuddle k-l k-l. He will enjoy today because he loves visitors :yho:.

Two of our female baby pheasants are begining to colour up and show us that they are males :hehe:. They all now wander across the patio every morning but get a bit nervous when we appear at the window.

Have a great day :D

9. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone:)

Just popping on to make sure you are all ok and to let you know that we are having a brilliant time up here at Keswick in the Lake District:gnthb:

We were hoping to climb to the top of Cat Bells last Sunday{our wedding Anniversary} because Mr Kandy always wanted to do it but 50ft from the top at the really horrible rugged bit I got height fright and was glued to the rock so after sitting for a few minutes until I was able top move we had to make our way down with me clinging to the rucksack that Mr K had on his back.:(Anyway,we made it safely to the bottom although we saw and heard an ambulance so there must have been either an accident on the road or someone had slipped off the mountain at some point.:oops:We saw families taking young four year ols up there,plus there was a couple with what looked like a new born baby strapped to the mans chest.I only hope he didn't stumble and fall onto his chest...eeek.

On Thursday we walked round the Newlands Valley which was nice but hot and yesterday we drove to Threlkeld and then walked along the old railway track towards Keswick which was a 6 1/2 miler round trip.I have a blister on one of my toes that keeps playing me up so I have to see to it every night:(

Today we are going up to Coniston for the day and tomorrow depending how we feel we should be going to the Borrowdale Show?{can't remember what it is called but there should be cows and sheep etc there}Last yera it was cancelled due to being flooded out:(

Woo,hope you enjoyed your early morning walk and Shiney hope you and Mrs Shiney had a great holiday and sorry to hear that Oscar has Laryngitits{sp}I seem to remember he had that last year sometimeYou can have some of our Horseradish if you want we have loads we can't get rid of on the allotment.:p

Peri,hope you are well and hope you have a great weekend with your OH.We are feeding the birds every day and earlier in the week had a Sparrowhawk fly past the caravan and land on the hedge but by the time we had got the cameras it had gone.I am also feeding two baby bunnies that come hopping along to eat the bird seed:DWe have seen loads of Buzzards and a couple of young foals when we were walking to Castle Rigg stone circle the other day:)

Hope you all have a great weekend and Welcome back Rosa when you get back from your Holiday:luv: Take Care everyone:luv::)

10. shiney

Ratings:
    +118,337
    Hi Kandy,

Sorry to hear you didn't quite make it to the top of Cat Bells. I guess that you went up Hawes End side. If you try it again you may find that the rocky bits are a little easier if you keep to the left side of them. The right side is the worst and the middle is a bit more rocky. I've been passed many times by little kids on the way up there. :hehe:

Enjoy the Borrowdale Show. It should be open this year and is quite interesting. Although they sell burgers etc at the show I would recommend you trying the Flock Inn for lunch. Its a small converted barn that overlooks the show and they do a lovely small bowl of lamb stew that is a reasonable price. Just walk up the road past the entrance to the show (past the village hall) and it is on your right. :thmb:

When you did Newlands Valley did you stop in at Mrs Edmondson for tea and cake? :) She was telling me that she has had a very bad summer because of all the rain.

11. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,797
    Good Morning all my friends Hope you are all well and OK,Kandy so pleased you are enjoying you holiday,everyone have a lovely Sunday and please stay safe:thumb::)

12. shiney

Ratings:
    +118,337
    Good morning woo and everyone,

It looks like another good day today. :thumb:

We had a good day with our guests yesterday. They turned up just before I had finished mowing the last bit of grass at the bottom of the garden and I have just remembered that I left the mower down there and the shed open :dh:. I'm now going to have to search the shed to see nothing has taken up residence during the night :scratch:. It'll only take about half an hour to finish the mowing and then I can start to think about what I have scheduled for today.

Have a great Sunday :D

13. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning everybody - sounds like everybody has been busy and enjoying their breaks - well done :) Know what you mean about climbing Kandy - I remember climbing Ayres Rock one year with my OH - we were about 23 and 18 yrs old - we met up with a retired couple half way up and got chatting. It was a steaming hot day - OH and the wife of the other couple got a little ahead of us, and the husband of the other couple happened to mention that he had ice cold beer down in his truck. Well, we ventured back down and enjoyed a cold brewskie while waiting on the other two to come back and join us - it was just way too hot to be doing such a walk that day (and I'll stick to that statement!)

Back to work for me the past couple of weeks, a new products conference up at head office this last week. Always nice to have a change of scenery, catch up with colleagues, great meals out etc. Had a baseball game which was great - nice to know that at 45 yrs old I can still make a great catch, and still hit the ball out to the outfield AND run the bases without too much bother! I do get quite competitive playing sports, and even against the young men in their 20's who make up the most of our creative department! Yes, thighs were sore the following morning, but well worth it :)
    Today is move my office day - out of the main house and down into the converted garage - not good having 'work' presence around me 24 hours a day - too easy to get doing something when I should be focused on relaxing.

What's everybody else up to this fine but coolish Sunday?

14. shiney

Ratings:
    +118,337
    Good morning everyone,

Just a quick look on here to day as it is another beaurocracy fighting day :). Shiney Strikes Again! :old: :hehe:

Have a great day :D

15. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,667
    Good morning everyone,:)

We are finally going to get some rain here :yho::yho:

I had a busy weekend, we went on Saturday down to see Kait at College:thumb:, so that took up 6 hours of driving there and back, and took them all out shopping, came back to the house and Brad had to fix the toilet, it kept on running, so that was done, and then took 6 teenagers out for lunch, and then drove home.:thumb::thumb:

Yesturday i worked for a few hours in the gardens and took out the rest of my tomato plants , we ended up with frost Friday and Saturday night:dh: and that did them in, now i just have peppers in, thats it.:)

Also we cleaned the furnace and replaced the filter, its been going down to 2 degrees here at night and its cold first thing in the morning, so the furnace is all ready to go, put away the AC and cleaned the shed.

Today is laundry, have the beds stripped, and floors mopped. :thumb::thumb::thumb: