1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,496
    Good morning everyone,

Penny, that was a busy day :). Your summer doesn't seem to have lasted very long. I hope the days stay good for you. :thumb:

Yesterday was another warm sunny day and it looks as though today will be a repeat.

Have a great day :D

2. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,667
    Good morning everyone,

Its still raining here, but its warmed up some.

No we definetly didnt have a typical Canadian summer this year, and they say that our winter is going to be bad, but thats nothing new!!

3. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Brrrrrr Penny - can't believe you've got frost already! We're waiting on our grapes to sweeten up a bit here......either a last dose of sunshine, or a quick frost will draw out the sweetness - if it's sunshine - great we can eat them, or....frost.....we can make some lovely dessert ice wine :)
    I've fired up the fireplace a couple of times in the last couple of weeks - usually just early morning or late night to take off the chill - can't stand to put on the central heating until really necessary.
    It's cool here this morning with a slight breeze, but beautiful out there :)

4. shiney

Ratings:
    +118,496
    Hi Kathy,

The current battles are with a local authority and a bank. I haven't lost a battle in the last 40 years :yho: so hope I don't break my run :D. That's not as good as it sounds because I don't take on anything that I don't think I can't win :thmb:. Most of the time it only takes persistence (and being bloody-minded) so they rarely end up in court. Also, to be fair to the opposition, they usually understand once you can get past their 'company policy' or 'those are the rules' or 'it's the computer's fault' or Mr/Mrs Jobsworth :hehe:.

The trick is to make sure you have your facts right, try to document everything (when you phone them write down the time and date, get their name and note down what is said), always be polite (try asking them to help solve your problem) and never give up. :gnthb:

5. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,667
    Good morning everyone,

Its another rainy day here, but thats fine by me, at least we havent had anymore frost in the last couple nights.
    Not really Peri, its pretty much right on time for us, and other then peppers, thats all i have in the gardens for food, the frost did everything else in.

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    afternoon all my dear friends, just got back at 8 this morning travelled all night so been to sleep for a few hours, had a great holiday got over 300 pics of alanya and areas around turkey.
    will put pics up later, having problems with pb so ive had to upload pics to another photo place and can only get 5 uploaded at a time.came back and our windows are surrounded by wood right the facia boards so cant see out apparently it was made of an asbestos material and the whole lot has to be replaced so as a precation they have put loads of wood boards all over feels like a prison in here, haha
    have a great day

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi peri yes we must of posted the same time, looks like i may have to upgrade to pro on pb as its going to take forever to upload my pics on tinypic.im pretty tired so will do pics another day.
    missed a page see kandys been on and pleased shes having a great time on her hols and also shiney is back pleased to hear you had a great time in the lakes shiney,
    speak a little later peri and everyone

8. shiney

Ratings:
    +118,496
    Good afternoon everyone,

Hi rosa :thmb:

I've been out this morning sorting out some forms for one of the people I look after. He is disabled and has a 'blue badge' that has run out of date. He can't fill the renewal forms in (cerebral palsey) so I do it. This is where beaurocracy is silly. They need an up to date photo of him (no problem) and then proof that he is still unable to walk etc. They already have his records that show he is on the higher rate of Disability Allowance (which gives an automatic right to have the blue badge) and they had sent him other info about himself that shows that his disability is registered as 'indefinite'! :doh:

Why does he have to fill in a four page form when they have already acknowledged that he is permanently disabled and entitled to the badge? :mad:

This afternoon is bright, sunny and warm :gnthb:

Have a great day. :D

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning everyone, had a lovely nights sleep after that overnight travel, off to do some food shopping soon, have a great day all

10. shiney

Ratings:
    +118,496
    Good morning everyone,

It is very sunny but a bit nippy out there at the moment. I'll get some tidying up done later :thumb:

We're off to catch Eurostar tomorrow - hello, Paris :yho:

I hope you all have a good weekend :gnthb:

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning shiney, enjoy your time in paris place i have never been , my friend has a cottage in france so we are planning a trip next april for 2 weeks but we will be going by car from portsmouth, have a great time

12. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,667
    Good morning everyone,:)

Its still dark here but its supposed to be around 20 today, and no rain, so i am going to cut the grass because they said the rain will be back tomorrow and all through the weekend too.:thumb::thumb:

Have a great time in Paris,and lots of pics please Shiney :D.....always wanted to go there, but need to get to England and Scotland first:D:D........thats my dream trip!~!:yho::yho:

Hiya Peri,:)

Last year we got our first snow fall 2 days after Halloween (november 2):flag: and it didnt leave, and you're right, our Fall here usually lasts about 6 weeks and we've already had some bad frosts the last few nights too.:flag::dh:

13. shiney

Ratings:
    +118,496
    Sorry, I'm not bothering to take my camera with me :( :flag:. Mrs shiney may be taking hers. If she does and there are some good piccys then I shall put the up. :thumb:

14. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,667
    Thanks for letting me know Shiney, and here's hoping that Mrs. Shiney takes her camera.
    Have a great time~~

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, had another early night last night, im certainly not getting another middle of the night flight should of looked for a day flight will know for next time.
    love the new page for gc looks stunning just love the colours excellent.
    have a great day all