1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Yawn Yawn Wakey Wakey 2020

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wiseowl, Jan 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flumpy

Flumpy In with the bricks!

Ratings:
    +6,681
    602F5104-03AF-48BA-9C39-EEEE863CD4B2.jpeg 3766D8A4-5739-4A67-8107-EB6D70C35521.jpeg Wow everyone is sooo busy.
    I wonder how Upsydaisy is going on? Has anyone heard from her?

Shiney them Chocolate buns look yummy :) and your meal sounds delicious too I’m sure you will all enjoy it.
    I pottered in my garden yesterday just to get some fresh air as I’m not feeling 100%, so I took a lovely picture of my Gazania........

• Like Like x 2
    • CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
      Ratings:
      +30,616
      Good day
      @shiney those muffins look lovely. I too bake gluten free for one grandson. He is autistic and removing gluten from his diet has done wonders to keep him from getting hyper. I used to think it was all phoney baloney until I saw the difference in him.

@Flumpy I like those flowers! And when you come online, Good morning @moyra :)

I've got dough for baguettes and also some for chillie buns. Baguettes are for making bruschetta later as I am getting overwhelmed with tomatoes including the roma variety. And chillie buns for a friend who likes spicey bread.

It's going to be a sunny day so I plan to putter outside today too.

Cheers all :coffee:and please play safe :spinning:

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Flumpy

Ratings:
        +6,681
        Ho Lori I can smell your baking bread from here, it must be lovely in your house, always something cooking and always being creative, when I retire that’s what I want to get back into, work takes up too much of our lives I’m afraid but I suppose it pays our bills, if I EVER win the lottery.......... :snooze:keep on dreaming :heehee:

• Like Like x 1
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
          Ratings:
          +118,527
          • Like Like x 2
          • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Living in hope of world wide peace.
            Ratings:
            +54,374
            [​IMG]

Hello @shiney , @moyra , @Flumpy and @CanadianLori and all else who may drop by .

Hope you're all well and have been out enjoying this fab weather.

I haven't been in a good headspace for the last couple of months and have also be on the receiving end of an on going issue that we have unfortunately felt the need to inform the police about.....not that at this present time they can do much about apart from seeing how things progress.....really hoped that they didn't!:yikes:.

Significant disclosure this morning and sadly we now think we know who is behind it all and we agree with what the Police originally thought and they are having serious mental issues ( definitely not dangerous) . Hubs and I are now debating as to whether we should go and see them for a chat as we are aware of their recent change in circumstances and they must be feeling so very isolated during these awful times. We really haven't had much contact with the person for the last 25yrs so think this must be a desperate cry for help.

Oh what a dilemma.:sad:

Covid has much to answer to. No one knows what is going on in people minds and behind closed doors.:sad::sad::sad::grphg:

• Friendly Friendly x 4
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Flumpy

Ratings:
              +6,681
              Hi Upsydaisy lovely to see you :hapydancsmil:we’ve missed you!
              So sorry to hear you have to go through this trauma as well as everyone else, yes Covid has got a lot to answer for, I’m hoping next year is better, I’m in two minds on your subject as to go with your gut instinct or leave it to the expert’s, I’m guessing they are on medication for there mental health and that is why they are acting this way, hope things get sorted out very soon, big hugs Upsydaisy :grphg:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
              • CanadianLori

Battle Axe
                Ratings:
                +30,616
                Good day
                @Upsydaisy it is sad that so many suffer with mental illness but it is even sadder when it manifests in hurting others. Perhaps a friendly chat might help. I can't see how it would hurt as long as you keep your "distance" and use a friendly tone. It will either work. Or it won't. But it wouldn't cost anything to try.

@shiney yes, I use almond flour, sometimes coconut flour (cookies), rice flour and all sorts of combos. I have a good recipe for white "sandwich" style bread and I fill 8 (2 month's worth) containers with the various ingredients so they are ready to simply dump with the liquids into the bread maker. I can't imagine making each batch individually with so many ingredients!

@Flumpy I hope your cold is improving. And, @moyra, hope all is well with you.

It is another sunny day. The high will be 17f according to the guessers. I've got lots of things to keep me busy indoors and out so it will be a lovely, active day.

Cheers all :coffee:and please play safe :)

• Like Like x 1
                • Friendly Friendly x 1
                • Flumpy

Ratings:
                  +6,681
                  Night god bless everyone

:tired:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
                  • shiney

Ratings:
                    +118,527
                    Aloha everyone,

I've been very busy as usual but outside work has been slower as I'm trying not to aggravate my back, neck and leg. The leg is almost completely better :blue thumb:.

Our upright freezer was giving trouble the other day so had to defrost it. It's a self-defrosting freezer that a freezer engineer told me is an impossibility! He said, some years ago, that even 'self-defrosting' freezers should be fully defrosted at least once a year. When we were having trouble at the time he got me to explain the situation, over the phone, and told me to save the cost of him coming out by defrosting it. He was correct.

This time the freezer started giving trouble and it takes 12 - 24 hours to defrost properly (all the internal piping needs to defrost). The problem is finding somewhere to get all the food put to stop it defrosting. Frantic phone calls to friends and family got it spread around the towns and villages. All back and working properly now :thumbsup:

They've finally finished our patio, fixed the 60ft of deer fence taken down by our Poplar tree in the Feb storms and done a few repairs around the place. I have to wait at least a month before pressure cleaning the patio and then shall put Wet and Forget on it. Sarafi supervised the month of work but I think he was bribed with being stroked a lot! :cat-kittyandsmiley:

We have our supermarket delivery at 7.30 this morning and I shall then be able to make a chicken chasseur for our two guests tonight. We'll eat in the summerhouse with the windows and doors open and the heating on :rolleyespink:. We shall be over two metres apart and the vaulted ceiling and open doors etc. will allow for sufficient free movement of air. They'll have their temperature checked on arrival and we have plenty of hand sanitiser and wipes. The toilet in there is just for their use (cleaned by them after use) and we shall use the one in our house. I wash and sanitise my hands before bringing the plates and food in and after taking them away. It sounds a big nuisance but only takes a matter of seconds and has become second nature now. :)

Keep well :biggrin:

Aloha!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
                    • Like Like x 2
                    • CanadianLori

Battle Axe
                      Ratings:
                      +30,616
                      Good day
                      There are a few clouds in the sky this morning but the temperatures have and will be lovely and moderate for another 5 or 6 days with the daytime high coming in around 76f - perfect :)

I've been busy too. Been to the courthouse only to find out that they want to transfer the file to another one and we have to go to the other one next week. And the line up to get to the counter is about two and a half hours each time. Standing on marble or cement floors that long is absolutely unacceptable! And hard on the feet and back too.

Sam and I are going to putter around the yard today. I bought some bricks to build better, more level footings for the cold frame and will be starting that digging. I also bought some pipe to make a new place to insert my umbrella clothes dryer and have cut it with a 45 at one end so I can drive it into the ground. Got my piece of wood to place on the top of the pipe so when I start whacking it with the sledge hammer, I don't mushroom the end. Good workout going to happen.

Got lots of other things to get done but the umbrella is the important one today. And the usual cooking and baking will be going on too.

Cheers all and please play safe :)

• Like Like x 2
                      • Friendly Friendly x 1
                      • Flumpy

Ratings:
                        +6,681
                        Hi Shiney & Lori and anyone else who is around, sounds like you are all very busy, have a good day, I’ll check in on you after work :dbgrtmb:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
                        • shiney

Ratings:
                          +118,527
                          I spoke too soon about my leg being better :doh:. Half hour after I typed that my leg went again and am having to use a walking stick :sad:. Mrs Shiney has massaged it with one of her potions

[​IMG]

It's feeling a lot better now :blue thumb:

• Funny Funny x 1
                          • CanadianLori

Battle Axe
                            Ratings:
                            +30,616
                            Good evening
                            It's been a long busy day from the moment my feet hit the slippers. Nothing bad happened, just frenzy!
                            See you all the sunny side!

• Like Like x 1
                            • Friendly Friendly x 1
                            • shiney

Ratings:
                              +118,527
                              Aloha everyone,

I've been very busy the last few days but can't remember what kept me so busy :scratch:. visitors, cooking, phone calls (lots), bridge, talking to the cat etc.

Cold but sunny and very windy today. People coming for a light lunch (cheese on toast) at 11.30. They told us they would pop in on their way past our place. A lot of people do that :rolleyespink:

Keep well :biggrin:

Aloha!

• Like Like x 1
                              • Flumpy

Ratings:
                                +6,681
                                Morning all, had a pretty traumatic evening on Thursday, had to ring the police, we where very shuck up, me and my hubby disturbed three men in balaclavas trying to steel our neighbors car exhaust! One chased me with a metal bar I managed to get in my house and rang the police, but I was worried they had beat my husband up, thankfully they went speeding off down the road, I was so relieved to see my hubby alive, but feel very nervous now :ouch1: what is this countey coming too, I can’t wait to move, hopefully in 4 weeks we should of moved. Hope your all ok :grphg:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
                                Thread Status:
                                Not open for further replies.