1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

YAWN, YAWN, WAKEY, WAKEY - 2022

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by shiney, Jan 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Living in hope of world wide peace.
    Ratings:
    +54,374
    Fully agree about the elderly ..and in fact anyone, not being exposed to the peak heat times. That's why we have several areas in our garden with parasols set up and why if going out we try and always go in the morning .:dbgrtmb::SUNsmile:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
      Ratings:
      +50,921
      But even under parasols it can be dangerous as the body is not accustomed to the overall outdoor ambient temperature.

Just got this from J ... "It's 9am, I'm checked in, filled out the questionnaire. Just waiting to be ferried from reception to the place where the magic happens."

It is Donald who has taken him. Donald and Brenda live in Vilamoura on the way to Faro where the hospital is, East of us. John lives in Silves, the opposite direction, West of us. The hospital I go to (the Flagship of the Group) is in Alvor, West of us. The Clinic belonging to the Group I go to is in Guia, 15 minutes South of us. You can get your map out. :biggrin:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
        Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
      • Victoria

Lady of Leisure
        Ratings:
        +50,921
        Had a call from J a few minutes ago and he is in recovery waiting to be taken to Reception. He sounded slightly groggy and he said he felt such. He will meet up with Donald in the Cafe near Reception. Donald had business to take care of in Faro whilst J was in The Tube. Worst thing with this medical chain is it takes forever to 'pay and go'. I don't expect him back home before three. A long day!

• Informative Informative x 1
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Flumpy

Flumpy In with the bricks!

Ratings:
          +6,681
          Hi Vicky hope everything will of gone ok with J, glad he’s got a friend to take him and support too.

Upsydaisy, I’ll definitely won’t have any problems staying inside, apart from tomorrow, I’ve booked the day off woohoo (time owing).

You all stay cool and safe now :spinning:

• Like Like x 2
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
            Ratings:
            +30,616
            Good day
            @Victoria your hospitals are so much more trusting of mature people than ours. Ours insist that you don't get released until your ride is at the doors and they actually witness them driving you out. I guess they figure you'll try to fool them and drive yourself . After my cataract surgery, they made me wait and then I had to go back a little later for a follow up because the surgeon would not be there the following day. I drove there. He said I was okay to drive so I drove home! I'd only had pretty much a local anaesthetic with only a small jolt of "nerve calmer" thrown in so not at all as serious as being knocked out.

Busy morning this morning. A friend needed to drop their vehicle at the garage and I fetched them to get them back home. Granddaughter is doing the teenaged "sleep in" thing so I have tested some cleaner on a spot on the driveway. Waiting for it to dry so I can see if it worked. I had steering fluid leak in the van and believe I have solved the problem so now just getting rid of the evidence is all that is needed.

It is lovely and cool 64f and since it is cloudy, it won't be heating up too quickly.

My client who has the new Aga units will be coming by to pick up a couple of cushion covers and I hope she likes the big tea cozy I made for her. One side is blank and the other side will hopefully work as a "sign" because I've machine embroidered "Bun in the Oven" on it :biggrin:

Hope your headache subsides @Flumpy and you all stay under your parasols.

Cheers :coffee:

• Friendly Friendly x 3
            • Victoria

Lady of Leisure
              Ratings:
              +50,921
              J got home safe and sound at 3.15 and is sitting eating ice cream! :biggrin:

• Like Like x 3
              • Flumpy

Ratings:
                +6,681
                Good morning all :spinning: wall to wall sunshine here and I’ve got a full day off woohoo :yes:, just going to get my washing done, chill and I’ve got a delivery coming too! I feel soo tired so a rest is needed, ho forgot to say the headache disappeared over night thankfully :dbgrtmb:

Vicky so glad J got home ok and fingers crossed all is well, how long do results take over there, I had to wait a month, but that was over ten years ago :).

Lori did the cleaning product work on the drive?

what are you all upto today?

• Friendly Friendly x 2
                • Like Like x 1
                • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Ratings:
                  +54,374
                  upload_2022-8-10_0-28-49.png

Hello, how is everyone today.?

We're gearing ourselves up for another scorcher of a day here.:SUNsmile::phew:

It was very close and muggy last night making it difficult to drop off to sleep.

Some of our boundary hedging is now starting to die off, we could really do with that not happening!:sad:

I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for the recovery of a rose cutting I took from one of my parents roses, I'll be extremely upset if it doesn't make it..it doesn't look awfully poorly. :sad::fingers crossed:

Have a good day and keep safe in the sunshine and heat.

:spinning:

• Like Like x 2
                  • Friendly Friendly x 1
                  • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Ratings:
                    +54,374
                    Morning @Flumpy

I wrote this at 6:30 this morning and have just found that I didn't press ' post reply'. :oopss:

Laundry is done here and out on the line, deadheading is also done. Just watered a few desperate plants that are probably past saving..so sad.

It's going up into the 30+ here today so any jobs will get done this morning before it becomes unbearable.
                    A lot of people are talking of a bit of rain, even thunder on the horizon for next week but here there is not a drop of water to be found on our forecast for the foreseeable future. :sad::phew::cry3:

Have a great day, what are your temps like up there?

• Friendly Friendly x 3
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Victoria

Lady of Leisure
                      Ratings:
                      +50,921
                      bom-dia28.gif
                      We are starting overcast here with the sun trying to break it up and a fresh 17c.

After having his ice cream J went to sleep till 5pm. He said the Anaethetist told him to count backwards and he asked from where and the A said stop moving your legs ... and it was all over!!! :biggrin: J came home with the discs, that's what happens here, and the results are e-mailed to the Doctor and he calls you back. So pretty immediate. My turn next week. :smile:

J wants to finish up the ledge on the wall today and I will fawn over my sprouted seedlings of Plumeria and Oxalis triangularis and my other seedlings, Pinks and Mepeta, and other things I've started in the silly month of August!!!

Have a relaxing day off Flumpy and everyone else enjoy.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
                      • Michael Hewett

Michael Hewett Total Gardener

Retired
                        Ratings:
                        +18,179
                        Good morning @Upsydaisy @Victoria and everyone ... :smile:

I hope J gets good results @Victoria, it must be an anxious time for you both.

The builders will not be here today, thank goodness, so I won't have to sit in the cement dust !
                        They put two steel girders in yesterday to keep the upstairs where it's supposed to be, and they have to allow a day for the supporting cement to harden totally before they can do anything else.
                        They've put these things called 'strongboys' for support ... until the cement hardens :-

127_1660.JPG

127_1654.JPG

The left door was the way from the kitchen into the conservatory, the right door goes into the living room.

From the outside, you can see the steel girder. There are two of them side by side and bolted to each other, to hold the upstairs wall.
                        The 'strongboys' will be taken out tomorrow :-

127_1661.JPG

127_1658.JPG

The building is where the conservatory was.
                        The far window once looked to the outside but then into the conservatory, now it will look into the new part of the kitchen.
                        The wall between the present kitchen and the old conservatory will be removed next week but they want to put the roof on first, and the French doors, so that when the wall comes down the inside will not be open to the elements.

The wooden railing is where there are steps down to the side path between me and next door. It's much lower than the floor of my house because we're on a hill.

The window on the right is in a bit they built last year. It's a sort of utility room.

Keep safe and stay cool (if you can)

• Informative Informative x 2
                        • Like Like x 1
                        • Flumpy

Ratings:
                          +6,681
                          Morning Upsydaisy, I’ve done the same thing, written it then somehow lost it :rolleyespink:. Wow it sounds a lot hotter down south we are 22c going upto 27c today but not looking forward to working in 29c with no air con tomorrow, don’t know how you did it with hairdryers :yikes:

Michael that looks quite scary, I’d be scared of walking into one, what is it your having done?

Vicky your hospitals sound very fast I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you both :spinning:

Keep well watered everyone :dbgrtmb:

• Friendly Friendly x 3
                          • Victoria

Lady of Leisure
                            Ratings:
                            +50,921
                            Gosh Michael, you do have a lot of work going on there and good that you are having a dust free day. Enjoy it.

We go private now Flumpy. However, when I had the breast cancer op in 2013 and the first hip break in 2014 both were SNS/NHS and I have no complaints with either, the latter being an emergency as I sheared my femur cleanly in half in a fall.

Have already been out and tended to my seedlings/plantlets but it is still overcast and they are spraying the orchard immediately next to our wall so I came in, also both Furries. J has stayed out doing his project having taken his car to the mechanic for the brake issue.

• Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Ratings:
                              +54,374
                              @Flumpy ....we just had to cope back in the day. No point moaning as we had no other option.:dunno: 28C here now.:phew:

Have to say our hospital are getting faster...at last!!

They released the lasted waiting list numbers a couple of days ago ( can't remember them) and they have dropped significantly from what they were earlier this year, so they are doing a great job, especially with such staff shortages. Most diagnosis results...if not all now..are emailed straight away to the appropriate department.:):dbgrtmb:

• Agree Agree x 1
                              • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Ratings:
                                +54,374
                                Golly gosh Michael!!! It must be horrid in this dry heat having all the dust etc about. You certainly have a lot going on there!!
                                Make the most of today , put your feet up in a shady nook and relax.xx:recliner:

• Agree Agree x 2
                                Thread Status:
                                Not open for further replies.