1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Yawn yawn - wakey wakey..!! Mk 4

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Louise D, Mar 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,497
    Good morning everyone,

It got well into the 80's yesterday but I managed to mow the main lawn at the back Mrs Shiney has started the autumn cutting back and has already filled two wheelie bins. Oscar helped her by keeping out of the way and slept in the blow away.

It is another lovely sunny day but the temperature won't get so high and they are promising rain on Thursday. I hope the rain is quite heavy then as the garden really needs it. We can't even plant the garlic, onions or bulbs because the ground is so hard.

Lots ot do today.

Have a great day :D

2. fearne

fearne Account not Activated

Ratings:
    +2
    Good morning :)

If anyone has any idea where the Sun went today, could you give it a nudge and tell it to pop back. It's looking rather dreary out there today.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day :p

3. shiney

Ratings:
    +118,497
    It's visiting us here in Shineyland :dbgrtmb:

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Kandy when I go for my bloods they usually take 3 lots for various things but you seem to get your results back quickly it is usually at least 10 days here.

Hi Moyra,I go to my Dr's surgery for my bloods and the Plebotamist does my Cholesterol,HbA1c and Thyroid check{Thyroid once a year}and she takes quiet a bit of blood to check other things like Liver Function and other things I guess.I also have to take a wee sample so it can be checked for Kidney Function at the Hospital to make sure they are still working ok:D I usually ring up after a couple of days to see if the results are in as I am an inpatient person and want to make changes to my lifestyle asap if my levels have gone up.My sister always waits a week befroe she rings for her results but as I told her,blood won't keep fresh for too long so the sooner the lab gets it the sooner it gets looked at:D

I'm off to see the Maxillo-Facial dept this afternoon about this white patch on me gum so will see what they have to say about it:rolleyespink:

Have a good afternoon :)

5. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,667
    Good morning everyone,

Its cool here but its stopped raining, supposed to be a nice weekend too, which is good since its our Thanksgiving here, and we pick up Kait on Friday.

Was supposed to go down to Toronto today, but the parts arent ready so it'll be tomorrow....off to a Mennonite farm that does work for us shortly.

6. shiney

Ratings:
    +118,497
    Kandy, Good luck this afternoon :dbgrtmb:

• Like Like x 1
    • moyra

moyra A knackered Veteran Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +9,817
      Yes, Kandy good luck sorting out the white patch on your gum. I hope it is nothing sinister.

• Like Like x 1
      • Kandy

Head gardener
        Ratings:
        +6,543
        Thankyou Shiney and Moyra, :)

Been to see the Consultant although I was down to see a male one it turned out to be a lady one and have to go back Tuesday November 15th to have a biopsy done and then once the sample is put under a microscope they will be able to tell if it is a goodie or a baddie patch :D

I will have to have injections to numb the area and have been told to make sure I eat food before I go.Well that is a laugh as there is no way I will be able to go from lunch time until tea time without having a bit of a snack inbetween:D

• moyra

Retired
        Ratings:
        +9,817
        Kandy will they be able to tell you on Tuesday. I always think the waiting is the worst bit. Fingers and everything crossed for you.

• Kandy

Head gardener
        Ratings:
        +6,543
        Moyra,the date is Tuesday, November 15th at 3pm so it is a little way off.:D.Hopefully it isn't anything untoward as I am sure they would have done it sooner rather than later.The consultant thinks it could be my teeth causing the problem but has to go through procedure and do things by the book so to speak:rolleyespink:

• Louise D

Louise D Head Gardener

Medical.
        Ratings:
        +502
      • Kandy

Head gardener
        Ratings:
        +6,543
        Good morning Louise and everyone,

Well the weather has changed here now and it has finally turned Autumn with some rain forecast for today.Looks like i had better get my shorts and T shirts packed away finally:D

Hope you all have a lovely day:)

• shiney

Ratings:
        +118,497
        Good morning everyone,

It's not very bright out at the moment but I'm sure it will be a good day.

Mrs Shiney has spotted some oxalis in one of our grasses so we are going to have to dig up the grass, take it down to bare roots, pot it up and wait to see whether it is clear of it. We shall also have to keep a close eye on the area it came out from. It was a grass that we bought earlier this year from a nursery.

I've got a load of emails to deal with before I go off to the chiropodist :rolleyespink:

Have a great day :D

• Like Like x 1
        • moyra

Retired
          Ratings:
          +9,817
          Hello Everyone,

Kandy, well lets hope it is something easily sorted.

I have to confess its over twenty years since I have been to the dentist. I am afraid my teeth always ending up playing up afterwards so I think leave well alone and hope that they last me out. I still have all but one of my teeth where as my son who goes regularly to the dentist has lost quite a few and has a plate.

The last time I went to the dentist in 1989 I had a filling in a molar. Next day I was presiding in charge of a poling station in Billericay. My tooth was killing me and I was in agony so I phoned up my dentist who was in Basildon just a few miles away and asked him to call into the polling station and give me a jab to take the pain away. Instead he called in, took me into the kitchen facilities and extracted the tooth. What a relief. Then all the pollsters were coming in saying the place smelt like a hospital. By the time I got the ballot box back to the count. Everyone knew what had happened. Never let it be said I deserted my post!!

Have a great day.

• Like Like x 1
          • Louise D

Louise D Head Gardener

Medical.
            Ratings:
            +502
          Thread Status:
          Not open for further replies.