Yawn yawn - wakey wakey..!! Mk 4

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Louise D, Mar 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Lousie and everyone:)

Moyra love that story about the dentists:DI wish i only needed to go once every twenty years,but at our surgery if you miss appointments they can chuck you off the NHS and i don't fancy having to try and find another NHS dentist or pay for private treatment:mad:

Shiney that must be a pain trying to get unwanted plants from the borders especially as it has grown inbetween another plant:mad:

It is quiet blustery here this morning and we just managed to finish our evening walk and got inside when the heavens opened and it rained throughout the evening.Autumn is finally here...:D

Anyway,I am just off this morning to rob a bank to pay off my credit cards bills.Nothing like trying to help the country get back onto it's feet...:WINK1::heehee:

Enjoy your day everyone:)

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +117,306
    Good morning everyone,

Kandy, don't rob the same bank as me :heehee:. Mrs shiney and I had a little disagreement with her bank the other day. She needs a new cheque book and they don't send them automatically nowadays. So I phoned up for one. Simple isn't it? don't you believe it!!! :rolleyespink:

They said that they couldn't speak to me about it as it is her account (fair enough) so I put her on the phone. They wanted her to answer security questions and she told them that I handle her account and she may not be able to answer them. The first question was "Do you have an overdraft facility on the account?" So she turned to me to ask me and they said, that as she has asked someone else, she has failed the security check!!! She said, "I told you that I don't handle my account" and they replied saying they have to have the answers from her without prompting. Her reply was "You manage to send me statements without security checks so just send me a bloody cheque book to the same address!!!" I think she is so mad at them that she will change her bank to one that sends cheque books without complications. :heehee:

No rain here yesterday and it is sunny at the moment - Oscar is sunbathing on the patio :D

I had no problems at the chiropodist yesterday and it's the turn of the optician today - no charge for this as I'm a wrinkly :dbgrtmb:

Have a great day :D

3. moyra

moyra A knackered Veteran Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +9,817
    Morning Everyone, late on parade this morning. Kandy, I wonder if now I would manage to get an NHS dentist..........not going to try. I think as and when I need treatment it will be a hospital job all out at once! LOL.

Felt the keeness in the wind when I walked Amber this morning. Haven't had any rain yet. But we are definitely back to Autumn weather.

Shiney good luck with your appointments.

Have a good day everyone.

4. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Oh dear Shiney what a palavor just to get a cheque book and hope you get it sorted for Mrs Shiney soon.:mad:I had a letter from my bank a few years ago stating that if i didn't start using my current account by a certain date then they would close the account.I couldn't be bothered to tell them that i very rarely use cheques now but withdraw my money either from an ATM or pay for my goods using a Credit Card as we get points for site night vouchers with the Caravan Club,so i went to the nearest ATM and withdrew all my money and let them close the account:DIt did say at the bottom of the letter that if i want to start using the account again to send off the slip of papre at the bottom of the letter and they would reinstate the account but since then my bank has been taken over and I still have a cheque book with all the old banks logos on it it would be a bit difficult.:DAny money i get for Birthday and Christmas prezzeis goes into the BS now but heir rates are treetreetreetree so i might as well spend it all and let the state keep me when and IF they let me retire when i am an older wrinkly:D

I've been trying for the last two days to get my blood results but as two of the Dr's are not working today and the Locum is rushed off his feet he hasn't got the time to look at them and sign the results off so don't know whether i have been good or not.I managed to squeeze the Cholestreol results out of her but can't get my HbA1c which to me is important:mad:

Moyra,I wish I had asked to have all my teeth out years ago instaed of this drill and fill malarky.I think i have shelled out thousands of pounds over the years to try and keep the ones i have got in decent condition,but i only have to look at sugar and my teeth start to disintigrate.I blame me mum for watering down the milk when we were kids so never got enough calcium to keep my bones and teeth good.No wonder I never grew very tall and have always been stunted :D

Yes it is bitter out there this morning with strong winds although the sun is out which is nice:)

5. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,667
    Good morning everyone,

Its cold and frosty here....yep we got frost overnight, i didnt cover anything either, so who knows whats left out there...I'll check it soon, going to cut the grass today, and then off to the grocery store, its our Thanksgiving here this weekend and i dont want to go near that place after today, plus tomorrow we are off to bring Kait home for the weekend, so that takes a whole day of driving.

6. shiney

Ratings:
    +117,306
    Good morning everyone,

I'm not in the best of health this morning :cry3:. Nothing serious :dbgrtmb:. Yesterday I started getting bad catarrh which progressed to a sore throat, chesty cough and head cold - but not as bad as man flu. I tried going to bed, didn't get clogged if I was lying in my left side but kept getting cramp in my calves, ankles and toes :mad:. So I've been sitting up and walking around a lot. On top of all that I've got a bad headache. Moan finished.

I think Oscar must have sensed that this was coming. He normally sticks to Mrs shiney like glue - following her everywhere but the day before yesterday he came up to me. I was sitting on the bench on the patio having a cuppa and he jumped up, sat fairly upright on my lap, leaned his body against my stomach (plenty of that for him :heehee:) and chest and laid his cheek against my chest and stared up into my eyes, mioawing. He rarely looks me in the eyes unless I am feeding him and hardly ever miaows. He's the quietest cat I've ever come across. He stayed like that the whole time I was out there.

I've got a busy day today and can't rest. Mrs shiney is studying for another degree and she is having a study day here, with a couple of other students. I have to cook their lunch and look after them. I'm also in the middle of arrange a bridge tournament and have a bridge match tonight. I need to be a lot better by Sunday as I'm captaining the county team against Bedfordshire. It's an away match so I have a fair bit of driving to do as well.

Yesterday was sunny and windy. It started raining a 3.30 a.m. but it had stopped by 4.30.

Optician said my eyes are OK and I can carry on using my current glasses. :dbgrtmb:

Have a great day :D

7. Louise D

Louise D Head Gardener

Medical.
    Ratings:
    +502
  8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Shiney,Louise and everyone.

Shiney dear sorry to hear you are not feeling too well at the moment and hope that with Oscar and Mrs Shiney's love and caring you will soon be feeling better:wub2:
    Can I be nosy and ask what subject Mrs Shiney is doing her degree in?:)

I am going to pick your brain cell now if I may:DAs the Bank Of England is going to print more money to the tune of 75 bn {Quantitive Easing }wouldn't it be better for them to give us peasants throughout the country say a £1,000,000 each and then we will start to spend more money which surely will help the economy rather than them buy bonds with it or line their own pockets with it,or is that too simple for my pea brain to take in :DAs the nation of peasants are losing their jobs,having pay cuts,paying more for their utility bills etc etc then they are not likely to be spending more and whats the point in trying to save anything either:mad:As you have a mathematical brain I thought you would be the best person to ask.when you are feeling better that it is:thumbsup:

Its bitterly cold this morning and we have had more rain and I am surprised that Mr K had turned the heating on so it must be cold if he is feeling it:heehee:

Have a good day everyone:)

9. shiney

Ratings:
    +117,306
    Hi Kandy, Thanks for your good wishes. :dbgrtmb: :wub2:

Mrs shiney is doing cognitive hypnotherapy as the main subject with other things thrown in - well you did ask :loll:

Re QE:
    If the government shared the 75 billion amongst the population each of us would only get about £1,250 not a million. One of the problems with giving £1,250 to the public is that they are likely to spend it on things where the money goes out of the country and doesn't stay in it - foreign holidays, buying foreign goods etc

The normal way to boost the economy is to lower the bank rate - this is usually quite effective by getting people and businesses to borrow more and spend more. Unfortunately they can't do that because the interest rate is so low already. So the idea of QE is to pump money into the economy by buying bonds - they can't just throw it around (although that is what the last government did with our money :mad:).

I'm not sure that QE is the right way to go - but I don't know, or understand, what the government has in mind. Not sure they do either :rolleyespink:

10. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Shiney,Please wish Mrs Shiney Good Luck with her degree course although I exect that by the time it is finished she will have retired:D

I didn't realise that there was that many people living in the UK to only get £1,250 each:scratch::what:I read somewhere some time back that London has 7million inhabitants but don't know how many are in the rest of the UK so if we forget about that lot down in the City who earn good wages anyway,then that will be a bit more for the rest of us:mute::D

Mine and Mr Kandy's share will stay in blighty,so we can see about getting some of the mortgage paid off,and the winter fuel bills paid if we get another snowy winter,oh and we shall be staying here for our holidays so wont be taking it out of the country and wasting it on foreign holidays,plus we shall give you some back to put towards the charity you support.{We supported The British Heart Foundation Charity this year:)}

I don't think I shall bother voting any more as they are all in it for themselves and are never interested in helping out the ordinary working class people just lining their own pockets...enough said :mad:

Thanks for putting it over so well:):wub2:

11. moyra

moyra A knackered Veteran Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +9,817
    Hello Everybody,

Sorry you are feeling poorly today Shiney, isn't it funny how our animals sense it. Hope you feel better soon.

On the question of QE and a share out. Surely if there is upwards of 70 million bods in this little island then 70 million times 1 million each is far less than the 75 Billion QE .Think of all those it would take off the dole and other benefit payments, surely it would be a win win situation. And if it meant some of our immigrant friends taking their money and fleeing back to whence they came even better! All those people building or buying new homes and new cars got to get the economy growing. NO? Oh well like Kandy I thought so. Never mind the thought was there.

12. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,667
    Good morning everyone,

Its a nice, cool morning here, no frost either.

I have some errands to do for Brad and then we are leaving around 12pm to go and get Kait for the weekend.

So have a great day everyone.

13. shiney

Ratings:
    +117,306

Unfortunately, as I mentioned on another thread yesterday, a billion nowadays is not what we were taught :gaagh:. A billion always was a million million. Nowadays we use the American version which is a thousand million :mad:.

14. Bloominggood

Bloominggood Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +26
    Not posted here before
    Love to hear about peoples lifes.
    BG

• Like Like x 1
    • shiney

Ratings:
      +117,306
      BG - You're very welcome to come and join us :dbgrtmb:. We have a chat on here most days.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.