1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Yawn Yawn, Wakey Wakey..!! MK 5

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Marley Farley, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,866
    Good morning Kandy and all my other friends,have a really good day and please stay safe.:)

• Like Like x 1
    • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
      Ratings:
      +118,483
      Good morning everyone,

It's lovely and sunny today but a bit nippy.

I'm a bit groggy this morning after having gone to bed about 3 a.m. and been woken up with horrible cramp at 5 a.m. It's quite sore :( but the painkillers are working well. I'll be hobbling around for a few days but hope to get out for a hobble to the village this morning. Mrs Shiney will probably accompany me to see I get there OK. I've already been doing my cramp exercises this morning and it has eased a bit. :thumbsup:

Got to get up and walk backwards now to stretch the muscle.

Have a great day :D

• moyra

moyra A knackered Veteran Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +9,817
      Quote: "Got to get up and walk backwards now to stretch the muscle."

Soon be Christmas then!:loll:No, Seriously, I hope it helps! I suffer a lot of cramp particularly at night.:)

It was the Goons wasn't it? I'm walking backwards for Christmas!

• moyra

Retired
      Ratings:
      +9,817
      Yes, Kandy, the little field mouse is busy stocking up his nest I think I have seen him a couple of times since.

That chap that was buried under snow in his car was in Sweden. He was lucky they found him. He must have been semi comatose.

Lovely sunshine out there just taken Amber for her second walk of the day. I wish I had her stamina it kills my legs and knees!

Have a good afternoon everyone.:)

• Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
      Ratings:
      +6,543
      Hi Moyra,Woo and Shiney:)

Woo hope you have had a pleasant day if it has been as sunny down your way as it has been up this way with us for the whole day but it has till been bitterly cold in that wind:rolleyespink:

Moyra,I expect the little mouse is going to keep collecting food for his stores so if you have more bad weather he will have his own stock of food.:DThanks for the info on whereabouts that chap was found as we missed the start of the news so didn't know where it was.I am surprised he didn't suffocate with all that snow on the car and ionder what he did when he wanted to go to the loo:rolleyespink:

Shiney,sorry to hear about your cramp problems and hope you feel better soon especially after the backward walk which i expect helps no end:)I am also in the wars as of this morning.I had a fight with a glass light shade which I accidently knocked with my hoover pipe and when i looked up to see if i had broken it,it fell out of the fitting and smacked me in the face so i know have a cut on my top lip just under my nose so Mr Kandy had to take me to Tesco' Pharmacy to get some Steri strips which will pull the cut back together again {hopefully} although it is embarrasing meeting with people because they can't help themselves but look at my mouth when they speak to me :D

The sun is still shining brightly so it has turned out to be a very pleasant evening apart from the cold wind:)

• shiney

Ratings:
      +118,483
      Moyra, yes, it was the Goons :heehee:

Doing the walking backwards exercise stretches the calf muscle. I simply walk backwards (slowly) up and down our corridor (we're in a bungalow). The bigger the step you take the more it stretches the muscle.

We went out for our walk (hobble) and I'm feeling a lot better. I've also done some work in the garden. Fixed the hose - a long story - which took quite a while. I then dug over part of a flower bed near the house (where Oscar used to love lying) and planted some plants that grahamthegardener sent us. They were large plants so should get off to a good start. I shifted two barrow loads of compost and dug it in first.

Kandy, you should tell everyone you got the injury when you were fighting off some terrorists :heehee:.

• Kandy

Head gardener
      Ratings:
      +6,543
      Good morning everyone,

Dry this morning but a tad chilly again and it is due to get warmer as the week goes on.Sounds like we are going to on a hosepipe ban this summer due to us not having enough rain since last summer but as we very rarely use a hosepipe it won't affect us much:D

Hope you all have a good day:D

PS,If anyone sees the National News today and sees some water with two road cones on canes on a small island that is our local water that is in drought conditions:(

• wiseowl

Philosophy of people
      Ratings:
      +89,866
      Good morning Kandy and all my other friends,hope you are all OK and have that feel good factor this morning,have an enjoyable day and please stay safe my friends.:)

• Like Like x 2
      • shiney

Ratings:
        +118,483
        Good morning Kandy, woo and all,

It's a lovely sunny morning again :sunny: and the temperature has soared to -1C. The birds are getting a bit frisky out there so they must think spring is coming. :heehee:

If it looks as though we are going to regularly have hosepipe bans I may have to run a pipe underground to a standpipe in the veggie plot. Then I'd be able to use a watering can for the veggies.

Keep well and have a great day :D

• Like Like x 1
        • Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
          +0
          Good morning All,

It's a bit chilly here but gloriously sunny:sunny:
          Kandy hope your lip isn't too uncomfortable,thankfully it wasn't near your eyes,hope it heals quickly.....

Hope you had a cramp free night Shiney....when i've had it i can feel it for days afterwards:OUCH:
          Hope Moyra,Woo and Penny are on top form....

I'm just going to set to and have a go at making some donuts,never made them before but the recipe looks easy enough,then it's shopping with mum...
          Enjoy your day everyone.....:sunny:

• wiseowl

Philosophy of people
          Ratings:
          +89,866
          Good morning everyone,are we all OK to day,hope that you all have a spring in your step and are feeling positive:WINK1:anyway have a very good day and please stay safe my friends.:)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
          • shiney

Ratings:
            +118,483
            Good morning woo and everyone,

Woo, I'm feeling positive but not sure about a spring in my step :heehee: I've got an infected toe (have to be careful with my bad circulation) but I've given it a good talking to so it should get better quickly :thumbsup:

Loli, I don't know about Kandy's eye being near her lip but it's quite peculiar because because mine aren't too far apart! :loll:

Kandy, hope your lip is better :thumbsup:

Moyra, I hope you're feeling better now that the weather is perking up :thumbsup:

I hope that everyone's four legged friends are OK.

Enjoy this lovely, mild, sunny day :D

• moyra

Retired
            Ratings:
            +9,817
            Good morning everyone. Thanks for the lovely peaceful picture Woo.

Thanks Shiney feeling a bit brighter along with the weather. Sorry to hear you have an infected toe, that sounds rather painful, I hope it gets better soon.

Amber's on top form too. Is Sarafi still guarding Oscar's pet places?

Kandy, Loli and Penny hope you are all ok on this lovely sunny morning.

Have a lovely day all.:)

• Like Like x 3
            • Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
              Ratings:
              +1,667
              Good morning everyone,

Its sunny out, but cool.....supposed to rain again by the end of the week!!

Off to Toronto around 9'ish.....and have a few errands to do....so have a nice day everyone.

• Kandy

Head gardener
              Ratings:
              +6,543
              Good morning everyone

Thanks to everyones best wishes about my war wound:DIt is starting to heal but i think i will have a scar but as Mr Kandy said luckily the glass shade never broke or else it could have been worse:rolleyespink:

Woo lovely picture of the swan:thumbsup:

Moyra and Loli,hope you are both ok but be careful when out with the dogs as it is going to be quiet windy today by all accounts

Shiney sorry to hear about your infected toe and hope it gets better soon as it must be quiet painful to walk on:rolleyespink:

Mr Kandy popped down to see one of our Dr's yesterday as he wasn't feeling too good and the Dr has diagnosed a peptic ulcer and has tablets to take to see if they will help.My silly hubby had been taking Ibuprofen for some time for his aches and pains but hadn't been taking them with food as he never bothered to read the leaflet enclosed and the tablets have affected his insides so needs to get them sorted:mad:

Hope you all have a good day:)

Thread Status:
            Not open for further replies.