1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Yawn Yawn, Wakey Wakey..!! MK 5

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Marley Farley, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,891
    Good morning Kandy and all my other friends,have we all got that bounce this morning:WINK1:have a most enjoyable day and stay safe my friends:)

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,513
    Good morning everyone,

Kandy, I hope Mr K's ulcer clears up quickly. The cause of it is almost certainly the ibuprofen (known as an NSAID) but the doctor should still do a test to check whether it is the other major cause which is a bacteria called H. pylori. The test is very simple. They can either do it from a stool sample or doing a breath test. The breath test is the quickest. I suppose the doctor has already told him that smoking (which he has given up) and drinking alcohol are the two main things tha make it worse.

If it's just caused by the ibuprofen then stopping taking it and having a course of drugs to reduce the acid in his stomach should cure it. If he's been taking the ibuprofen just for aches and pains rather than as an inflammatory then the doctor has probably said he should change to paracetomol but it's best to try not to use drugs if he can. The doctor should be able to tell him whether he really needs anything. It's never good to diagnose and treat yourself for aches and pains - and particularly not to take any notice of what the ads say about the drugs.

My toe is a bit better this morning :thumbsup:. The infection is where I used to have an ingrown toenail at the side of the big toe. It hasn't bothered me for some years as, with treatment, we've managed to keep it under control. When it gets like this the toe next to it presses against it and makes it worse but I've been wearing sandals and also been sleeping in the armchair, which helps keep the toes apart.

Sarafi hasn't been in the greenhouse quite so much now that the weather has warmed up. He seems to be a restless cat and doesn't stay still much at all. Theo ther day he marched in through the back door as though he owned the place :heehee:. We just followed him to see what he did and he marched around the house, totally ignoring us, and had a look at everything and then marched out.

Have a great day :D

3. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,667
    Morning everyone,

Its cool here, and supposed to snow later....but still calling for rain by Friday.....strange!!!

Off to do a pile of errands for Brad today.....so have a good one everybody.

4. moyra

moyra A knackered Veteran Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +9,817
    Ibuprofen are lethal really they are what aggravated my Kidneys. I was using them to combat my gout. Which fortunately since taking the odd Colchincine tablet, I have it very rarely now. I guess Mr. K is probably on something like I have to take for my hiatus hernia/reflux problem which is Lanzoprazole and Metoclopramide. I hope it makes him more comfortable.

Shiney, hope your poor toe is on the mend. Sarafi is true to species then coming and going as he pleases. A beautiful looking cat I could forgive him anything.

Kandy, Loli, Penny and Woo, I hope you are all keeping well. Take care all I am very late on parade today as I have been busy with the housework for a change. It is something which ought to be abolished, I hate it. Still washing all done and dried out in that awful wind, carpets shampooed where Ambers dirty toes bring it all indoors! So neat and tidy again for a while. Have a good evening all. :)

5. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,

Shiney,Mr Kandy is on Omeprazole capsules once a day, ½ hour before food either morning or evening.He never told the Dr about the Ibuprofen so she said the problem was due to the bacteria you have written Shiney.He has to take the tablets for a month and that should do the trick.I expect it will reline the stomache but don't really know how it all works{I shall have to read the leaflet}Thanks for the info about it though Shiney:thumbsup:

Moyra,one reason I don't want another dog is the muddy footprints and dog hairs everywhere as i am the one who has to do all the cleaning up.It is bad enough with three cats and a mna in the house bringing in mud without adding to it:D

This is what doing housework did for me...:mad:
    [​IMG]

Have a good day everyone:)

6. moyra

Retired
    Ratings:
    +9,817
    Oh dear Kandy, that looks nasty and sore. Hope it heals up quickly.

Nice morning out there already. About to take Amber for a walk before my Tesco delivery comes. Have a good day everyone. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
      Ratings:
      +118,513
      Good morning everyone,

Summer has popped in for a visit. It's already 12C and very sunny. :sunny:

Moyra, I thought that you had done an awful lot so early in the morning but then realised your post was yesterday evening :DOH:

I don't wish to be unkind to Sarafi but he can take unflattering photos as well. He looks quite vicious here but is actually calling for help. He'd got himself on to the top of the pergola and wasn't sure how to get down. It's over 8ft high but Oscar had worked out exactly how to get down with no trouble. This was Sarafi's first time. He's a very vocal cat so was miaowing like mad. He wouldn't jump into my arms (Oscar would have been quite happy to do that) so I had to lead him to the corner where he could get on the fence.

[​IMG]

Kandy, that looks very uncomfortable :(. Without meaning to be rude I think that Mr K was rather silly to not mention the Ibuprofen to the doctor (apart from being silly for taking so much of it). The doctor may be treating him for the wrong thing. The drugs are completely different for Helicobacter pylori (which he's taking) than for those for anti-inflamatory damage! :nono:

I've been going to Barry regularly recently as his move is coming up in two weeks and lots of things need sorting. I'm popping round there again today to sort out the form he's got about redirecting his mail. It can be done over the phone if you pay by credit card, but he doesn't have one of those. So he needs to fill in a form. He phoned me and said he tried to do the form but is not sure about some of the questions. So it's another journey into town for me.

Have a great day :D

• Like Like x 1
      • moyra

Retired
        Ratings:
        +9,817
        I see what you mean, not very attractive! I hope you manage to sort poor Barry out ok. There is much to be accomplished when moving home without disabilities to make it more difficult. He is lucky to have a friend such as you.

Have a good day everyone.:sunny:

• Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        Good evening everyone,
        Aw Kandy that does look sore,dangerous work this house keeping buisness....hope Mr Kandys pills do the trick:thumbsup:
        Safari still looks cute Shiney,even though he looks cross eyed in the photo:wub2:Moyra we could do with carpets that have paw prints on like those pet blankets you can get,it would save us having to clean up so often:D

I woke at 5am and thought i'd have another 5 mins so turned over and stretched then 'twang' felt something 'go' in my neck....i was in agony so got up....it's been really painfull all day,went to work and managed to get through it,don't know how though....i do love to play the martyre:D.It's not so bad now but going to bed shortly as it's the only way i can get comfortable...i do have a weakness in my neck but it's usually the other side:rolleyespink:
        On a good note ...it was a real treat to feel the warmth of the spring sunshine today,it's been lovely here,Spring isn't round the corner ...it's almost on the door step:dbgrtmb::yess:
        Hope Woo and Penny and All have had a good day:)

• Like Like x 2
        • Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
          Ratings:
          +14,125
        Thread Status:
        Not open for further replies.