1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Yawn Yawn, Wakey Wakey..!! MK 6..

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Kandy, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chitting kaz

chitting kaz Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,616
    morning all
    weather is dull and gusty today so going to clean the house ( well it has to be done sometimes)
    WOO have a great time at your presentation today,
    Morya hope you and the lab is cooler today
    Loli hope you are enjoying your week off, me and terry have a few days off next week as it's his birthday on Sunday,

Shiney we didnt expect for MIL to be called in but thats the dhss for you

Kandy if the slugs get any bigger i am going to give them a spade and they can start digging and earning their keep

waves to every one else and hopes they have a good day goodday coffee cup.jpg

2. Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Kandy....apparently chickens do actually 'pant' ....you learn something new every day:dbgrtmb:....mine also walk around with their wings raised a little...(to let the heat out ) ...and i thought they were just being cute:doh: :):chicken:.....
    A bit like when i first got chickens i was amazed how when i walked up to them they 'sat down'.....I thought it was pure genius that they were 'trained' so quickly......:nonofinger: turns out most chooks do it as when a 'shadow' appears over them they think it's Mr Cockerell.....so.....you know the rest;):heehee:

3. moyra

moyra A knackered Veteran Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +9,817
    I tried half a dozen times to post then the site went down. Fortunately I kept a copy of the post and so I will try and post it now:

Aloha everyone!

Lovely picture of the clouds WOO beautiful. Ambers flat out again. Although the sun is not out it is really hot here and there is very little air! Really could do with a cloudburst now to cool it all down. Apparently it is going to get even hotter come the weekend. Shiney, that is kind of you to offer but I have just completed one long medical questionaire to do with getting council housing. I cannot see it making any difference to my place on the list. I just get told that they could house me on my own straight away but not with Steve and as I point out he is my unofficial carer.

Oh well we will face that hurdle when we come to it. Hope everyone else is ok today all backs sound and present and correct.

Aloha everybody have a good day!:wub2:

4. moyra

Retired
    Ratings:
    +9,817
    Relief, at last!

• Like Like x 2
    • Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
      Ratings:
      +1,667
      Morning everyone,

Its a nice sunny day here, and we did get some rain overnight, so no watering for me today.

I'm home, so i need to do some gardening, and have some laundry on the go.

Its exactly 4 weeks today, until Natalie's wedding....OMG!!! I cant believe it, and 2 weeks untill Kait leaves for University...Brad and i will be "empty nesters" again!

Enjoy your day everyone.

• shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
      Ratings:
      +118,345
      Aloha everyone,

It's already a sunny and warm day and I've been out to fill up the birdfeeders. Yesterday we were suddenly inundated with sparrows and greenfinches :dbgrtmb:

I've got quite a bit to do this morning, then out to lunch with friends (special offer at a posh restaurant a couple of villages away) and then an important meeting.

Moyra, have you tried asking for a two bedroom place for yourself so that the second bedroom can be used for a carer if necessary? That's how I got a two bedroom place for Barry although they only offered him a one bedroom place. I did have an advantage as he was already in a family house, his sister had got married and moved and his parents died, and the council wanted to use it.

I hope all of you and your furry and feathered friend cope OK with the hot weather forecast for the weekend - 90F+ :hate-shocked:

Have a great day :biggrin:

Aloha!

• Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
      Ratings:
      +6,543
      Good morning Shiney and everyone:smile:

Thanks for the info Loli,regarding chooks and how they cool off.You learn something new every day:blue thumb: When i was driving through our village yesterday i saw two collared doves sitting high up on a street light and they both had one wing outstretched washing it with the rain falling and they did look so comical.At least they were not in any danger from being squashed by cars as they usually bathe in the road puddles:biggrin:

Kaz,it sure has been a year for slugs and snails and when we went out for our evening walk last night there were about ten slugs all crossing the foot paths so we had to tip toe through them to continue our walk:snork:

Hope,Woo,Shiney,Moyra and Penny are all ok:smile:

I'm off to the lottie to dig up some more spuds and I expect the slugs will have started eating them again:mad:

• Like Like x 1
      • moyra

Retired
        Ratings:
        +9,817
        ALoha Everyone,

Shiney, Steve and I have been on the housing list for years waiting for a 2 bedroomed place. The problem is that it had to be ground floor but I said to them recently it doesn't have to be if I fitted a stairlift. Still it will always be the young mum's with babies that get priority and/or assylum seekers. We have been on the list about 12/13 years. We have to renew our application every year.

I must go out and clear my nasturtians and sweet peas today into the wheelie bin, what is left of them. They have been decimated by the white cabbage catapillar Bit dissappointed by the few sweet peas I have managed to cut this year but the nasturtians before the catapillars came along made quite a good show!

Well this wont get the work done. Have a good day everybody.

Aloha!:wub2:

• Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        Good morning everyone,
        Kandy i love to see the Doves and Stoggies do that:blue thumb:
        Mum ,Dad and Big Brother are coming today for lunch :dbgrtmb:...so we are all hoping for a lovely day in the garden:dancy:.....
        I've just taken a batch of Scones out of the oven which will be filled with jam and cream.....:wub2:....
        I need to get all the watering done early or i know my dad will be up and doing instead of relaxing:)
        Have a lovely day everyone and take care:SUNsmile:

• chitting kaz

Ratings:
        +2,616
        morning / night all, not long in from night shift Via the dreaded Tesco ( but at least in was quiet),
        hope you all have a good day be blessed in all you do

• wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
        Ratings:
        +89,803
        Good morning all my friends,hope you are all having a good day and are well,it was a lovely awards ceremony yesterday,there were ,would you believe it real Salmon sandwiches(not even out of a tin) :lunapic 130165696578242 5:a good time was had by all after a few pear juices;) have a lovely day and please take care my friends:)

• Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
        Ratings:
        +1,667
        Good morning everyone,

Its going to be a beautiful day here, but hot...there's a heat advisory....supposed to be for the weekend though.

Off to Toronto again today, so thankfully i'll be in AC with the truck.

Enjoy your day everybody.

• Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
        Ratings:
        +6,543
        Greetings everyone.

Had a good morning over at the lottie yesterday and got a couple of buckets full of self set spuds that we missed from last year and ones we had planted in the compost bags.I also picked another carrier bag full of peas and half a carrier bag of runner beans which took me a good couple of hours to pod and Mr Kandy used his little gadget to prepare the beans last evening so they are all in the freezer now and have had some fresh with our din dins:biggrin:

We have a bit of hazy sunshine out htere this morning but it looks like it might be a good day so should get the lawns cut when it is dry and to finish off my litter picking in the village :snork:

Have a very good day everyone:smile:

• Like Like x 1
        • chitting kaz

Ratings:
          +2,616
          morning all
          hope all is well in your gardens, heavy wind and rain last night so must pop and look at how much damage has been done,
          how exciting Penny re the wedding we will want to see some pics oh and take care in the heat
          woo glad you enjoyed your salmon sarnies
          kandy i am fining at the moment that two hours at the plot turns in to 6 hours hard labour in the kitchen lol
          Loli hope you enjoyed your day with your family
          waves to shiney and Morya rainbow morning.jpg

be blessed in all you do xx

• Like Like x 3
          • wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
            Ratings:
            +89,803
            Top of the morning to you all,hope you are all OK and feeling good this morning lovely photo Kaz,rainbows are always magical and easy on the eyes,Thank you:)
            I got the best private Garden award and the most unusual garden award(not sure whats unusual about it);) but I am very pleased this year,now I have to plan for next year,have a lovely day my friends and please stay safe.:)

Thread Status:
          Not open for further replies.