1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Yawn Yawn, Wakey Wakey...!!!! MK7...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Marley Farley, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Loli and Shiney:smile:

Loli,glad to hear your day went off with your parents visiting and it sounds like the furries had a great time as well:doggieshmooze: Sorry it is back to the grindstone for you:frown:

Shiney,sounds like you are all having a feast at your house and the lamb does sound quiet delish:blue thumb:Lamb is my favourite meat but always seems very fatty even though i cut off all visible fat there is always a vein of it that runs through the meat :eeew:

His ankle that he badly sprained coming down from Snowdon the other year has healed greatly but he does find occasionally it will ache if he does too much hard surface walking and with all this heavy rain we have had the grass is quiet waterlogged so it makes walking on it especially when long a bit difficult.We have both suffered more this year with arthritis type pains,me worse than him but have to just suffer as there is nothing we can do about the constant wet and damp weather we have had this year:frown: Thanks for asking:wub2:

We are both determined to keep walking for as long as we can and try to get walks in every day{mainly of an evening round the village} and more at the weekends but while he is off from work this week are doing more daylight walks:yes:

Enjoy your company with family today:smile:

PS,Miss Potter is on this evening so we shall watch that even though we only saw it again the other week:snork:

• Like Like x 1
    • "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +31,885
      Boxing Dad Greetings my GC chums :reindeer:

No visitors for us this year due to Mr Mum's silly shift system and (seemingly) constant changes which made planning anything with certainty a nightmare best not visited; but, that is ok because we've had a hoot, regardless.

Cold cuts, mash and pickles are the order of the day here, so not much "cooking" to be done.

Planning a lengthy walk in the woods with Oz today - he was quite confused by all the Christmas action and decided the best way to deal with it was to nudge the lid off Echo's food storage tub, stick his head in it and eat until he was caught out (a good half a tub later - and we're talking a fairly big tub which holds a few kilos!) :doh: Cat food is *not* for dogs! :nonofinger:

Had a lovely surprise yesterday; a ring on the doorbell at 1030hrs and my neighbour was stood there with a box filled with fresh fruit (pineapple, mangoes, grapes .... ). His way of saying thank you to us for the eggs we've given them throughout the year (he thanks the girls regularly with veggies his customers 'can't manage' :whistle: ). I'm so fortunate to have such a lovely neighbour :) I know from experience the importance of neighbours: bad ones can literally ruin your quality of life; good ones make it worth living ;)

Wishing you all miles of smiles, no uncomfortable bouts of flatulence/indigestion and if you do have a hangover ... a hair of the dog ;)

xMx

• chitting kaz

chitting kaz Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,616
      I hope you all had a blessed day yesterday, and are enjoying this Holiday and what it means to each of you, starting to pick up a little and look forward to catching up with you all soon :merry-xmas:

• Like Like x 2
      • Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        Good morning everyone,
        Good to see you Kaz and glad you're on the mend:dbgrtmb:
        Hope you all continue to enjoy the rest of the festivaties ......
        Wishing everyone well:grphg:
        Hi Ho....... :phew:
        Have a relaxing day,take care:SUNsmile:

• Like Like x 1
        • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
          Ratings:
          +118,526
          Aloha everyone,

I hope your festive season went well and that you are now preparing for a rip roaring Happy New Year! :dancy:

I have absolutely nothing planned for today so, if the weather is OK I may wander into town and visit some of my ex-staff at their work places, do some shopping, go to library etc. Oh! It seems as though I do have something planned!!! :heehee:

Keep well everyone and have a great day :biggrin:

Aloha!

• Like Like x 2
          • chitting kaz

Ratings:
            +2,616
            morning all early start again in our house grand daughter still here and it would appear only the deaf one can hear her :heehee:
            but i just love playing barbies at 7am :snork:
            a dear friend is visiting today and i have not seen her in 7 months so i am off to make some thing nice to have for lunch
            all enjoy your day and what ever plans you may have XX
            Lolli IT AINT HALF WARM IN HERE !!!:lunapic 130165696578242 5:

• Like Like x 1
            • moyra

moyra A knackered Veteran Gardener

Retired
              Ratings:
              +9,817
              Aloha Everyone,

My yesterday's posting seems to have gone AWOL. Nevermind must have forgotten to post it properly then. Unless there was a hiccough in the system. Just about to walk Amber and am told it is raining hard again. Oh Lord I am getting a bit fed up with getting soaked through each time I walk her. Then it is the towelling down afterwards not that she minds that!

Well have a good day folks and try to keep dry. God bless. xxx:grphg:

Aloha!:wub2:

• Like Like x 2
              • Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
                Ratings:
                +1,667
                Morning everyone,

Its snowing like crazy here, Brad is bringing home the snowblower today.

We all had a great Christmas, although glad its over!!

I took down my tree yesturday, it was so dry and you know when you walk past your tree and you can hear the needles falling off, its time to toss it out!!

Have a few things to take back, but i plan on doing that Saturday, plus Kait can shop before she goes back to school next weekend.

Off to do some more shovelling........so have a great day all.

• liliana

liliana Total Gardener

Retired
                Ratings:
                +2,580
                Evening all,:doggieshmooze:

Come back from our holiday jaunt, a bit fatter, and a bit more achier,from not being used to another bed. My bones feel like they have been through the wringer, forgot to take my special painkillers, so cannot wait to get the tablets started and my own electric bed tonight. Sat in my reclining chair(electric)I think I should be electricuted.:help:

Sat with a lovely hot mulled wine, and a marzipan topped mince pie,as we have not had enough. :huh:

Taught my niece, Aileen to knit, and she as happily knitting away all the time I was with her.:yes:

Back to normality tomorrow?? :doggieshmooze:

• Like Like x 2
                • shiney

Ratings:
                  +118,526
                  Aloha everyone,

Kaz, it seems as though you're having a good time :blue thumb:

Moyra, I quite like a good towelling down as well! :heehee:

Penny, I hope you're enjoying your snow and not having too much trouble with it. :smile: I don't know whether you try and make your tree last longer but the recommended way is to cut off the bottom of the trunk and stand it in water - and top the water up every day. :dbgrtmb:

Lili, a couple of years ago I bought, in Sainsburys, a memory foam mattress topper (half price offer at £12.50) and take it with me whenever I go away in this country. It helps a lot. :thumbsup:

Yesterday was a lazing around day. I did some shopping but a lot of the places I wanted to go to were closed. I think one of them had made a mistake with its notice in the window that said they reopen on 31st Jan! I'm sure it meant either 31st Dec or 1st Jan :scratch:. Dohh!! :doh:

If the weather stays OK I may do a bit of work in the garden and get on preparing a one day course (bridge related) that I shall be teaching in a couple of months. I'm still working my way through checking and deleting photos!

Have a great day :biggrin:

Aloha!

• Like Like x 2
                  • chitting kaz

Ratings:
                    +2,616
                    mornng all
                    last of family wet home last night my and terry got ready for the first quiet evening just the 2 of us when My MD decided to play another vist i best i recolect it with 7 pm sat down to food said i felt alithle dizzy woke up at we hours in bed,, not quite how i imagind the evenin, just as well he loved me hey
                    jusy trying to get the head to stop swinning now na dthe ision to settle
                    Lillian hope you ennoyed you slep lasy night
                    have you got much snjow Penny?
                    hope you enjoye you wander and lasy day shiny x

• Like Like x 1
                    • moyra

moyra A knackered Veteran Gardener

Retired
                      Ratings:
                      +9,817
                      Aloha everyone,

Kaz, hope you are feeling better today and Lili hope you had a good night's sleep in your own bed last night and feel fresher this morning.

Ah we still have the blessed rain, those poor people in the west country must be heartily sick of it. I know I am. Amber makes the most of her good towelling down and a cuddle at the same time bless her. I make the most of being wet by seeing to the birds station while I still have my raincoat on. Then it will be all start again at mid day. Oh well gives me something to do as Steve puts it, kind of him while he is being waited on hand and foot! Men, made to love and spoil I guess.

Shiney, you wouldn't want a rub down with Amber's bath towel, I am going to have to fish another one out for her and get this one in the wash. Then swop over when that's dry again.

Have a good day all.

Aloha!:wub2:

• shiney

Ratings:
                      +118,526
                      Even Shineyland is getting a bit saturated now. Our drains packed up days ago and we'll just have to put up with them being backed up. We're not on mains drainage and our soakaway can't work when the ground is saturated!

I'm going to put my wellies on and do a little bit of gardening.

• Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
                      Ratings:
                      +6,543
                      Good morning everyone:smile:

Hope you are all having a nice rest after the stresses of the last few days :biggrin:

We have rain here again this morning{nothing new}and there are a lot of flooded fields over in the village where we used to live and the valley is looking like a very large lake,but it is good for the waders etc:snork:

No snow either as yet but I expect we shall soon get the snow that America/Canada is having at the moment,but a great pity it didn't come here at the begining of the week:wow:

We have just been getting ready as we are meeting up with Mr Kandy's relations at noon for the annual get together to celebrate my Father in Law's '93rd' Birthday.Good job we are going to a different place to eat this time as the usual place was flooded out at the start of the week and the car park was under at least a foot {12inches}of water so don't think there would have been many people having Christmas/Boxing day meals there:snork:

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone:smile:

• Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
                      Ratings:
                      +1,667
                      Morning everyone,:)

Its another cold one here, and from the snow we got yesterday, we now have about a foot of snow...and expecting more tomorrow.

I have some errands to do today, and need to stop at the grocery store too.

Off to get some more coffee, so enjoy your day everyone!!

Thread Status:
                    Not open for further replies.