1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Yawn Yawn, Wakey Wakey...!!!! MK8...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Marley Farley, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,667
    Morning everyone,

Its so cold here this morning, currently -30 with the wind chill, and just a dusting of snow overnight.

I'm home today, but need to go to the bank and do some shopping, but I think that Brad and I will do that tonight after supper. When I dropped Brad off this morning at work, someone has left garbage in our steel bin(3-4 bags) as well as 5-6 garbage bags in front of our actual garbage bin....so he's looking at video tape as well as pictures from an infrared camera he has set up, and will pass the info along to a Cop we deal with, who will then in turn charge him/her with illegal dumping( we have signs posted), and its a fine of $100.00 per bag (hahahahaha). If its someone from out of town, and it most likely is, they pass the info off to the closest precinct, ans they show up at your door and charge you.....gotta love licence plates!!

My favorite is a guy named Ray who has a shop 6 units down from us, had someone leave 1/2 bag of garbage on his bin last Christmas, and he had found others roughly the same size that had been left before, he brought it into his shop, royally ticked off, and put on some gloves and found a Visa statement of all things in the bag, packaged it all back up, called Purolator and sent it back down to their house in Toronto...said it cost him just under 100.00 in shipping but it was soooo worth it!!! LOVE it.

Off to get some more coffee, so enjoy your day everyone.

2. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,667
    Just an update on the garbage.....Brad sent off all the info including the snap shot of the licence plate, him dumping the garbage into the steel bin and then coming back to set some more in front of our garbage bin....and its someone from Collingwood!!! For once its not an out of towner!!!

It just sucks that the Cop wont tell us who it is...I'd love to go up to the shop and get it and drop if off on his fricking door step!!

He'll be charged with illegal dumping and trespassing, trespassing because of the time of the night, 10;45pm and no businesses are open, and he will be told that if he approaches our steel bin to try and remove the garbage he'll be charged with an additional charge of trespassing....hahahaha, and that's an automatic fine of $1000.00, payable within 30 days.

Plus the cop was going to tell him that we have multiple camera's outside, which we do, so if he sets foot near our shop, we'll see him!!

3. Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning everyone,

Are we all OK?:dbgrtmb:

Moyra....Sorry about the leak...this weather is certainly making matters even worse...i hope you can get it sorted soon:dbgrtmb:...
    Theo is doing great now thank you:blue thumb: he's still on his 'special' food and i'm still watching him like a hawk but from last week to this to see him better is such a relief :doggieshmooze::dancy:...

Penny.....GOT HIM :yes: that'll cost him ....and serves him right:mad:....

The wind is getting up here now again,thought we'd got awake with it:doh:
    Just been out in the garden and found 2 of my lovely big Goldfish laying on the lawn...well Theo did....they both had a big hole in them:sad:....i'd barracaded round the pond because Mr AND Mrs Heron have been visiting lately but they still found away to get them....I had to search for the last Golden Orf but he's still there....he'd gone into hiding poor thing.....with a struggle i've fished him out and put him in the pond up at the back of the garden,it's raised and covered with chicken wire so he'll hopefully stand a better chance:fingers crossed:....Blimey he's big and heavy though...he looks huge out of the water....hope he doesn't eat the small gold fish:doh:

That was an eventfull wake up call:rolleyespink:....best get ready for work now:rolleyespink:

Have a good day everyone and take care:SUNsmile:

• Like Like x 1
    • moyra

moyra A knackered Veteran Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +9,817
      Aloha everyone,

Penny that is a bit of a sauce re the garbage, glad they caught them.

Loli, what a shame about your fish. Herons are a devil for hooking them out and leaving them.

Shiney, WOO, Kandy et all stay safe and have a good day all. God bless.

Aloha!:wub2:

101145d2j3abfqsr.gif

• Like Like x 2
      • Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
        Ratings:
        +1,667
        Morning everyone,

Its another cold morning here, currently -35 with the wind chill, and its supposed to get colder tonight, closer to -40!!!

I'm off this morning for my manicure, and then have a couple errands to do, as well as a little shopping for Kait, since she's back to University this weekend.

Enjoy your day everyone.

• shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
        Ratings:
        +118,333
        Aloha everyone,

I was out and about a lot today and got very hot. I hope it has knocked out the cold that was starting to bug me. :blue thumb:

Keep well and have a good day :biggrin:

Aloha!

• Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
        Ratings:
        +6,543
        Good morning everyone and a Happy New Year to you all:smile:

Have woken up this morning with a very sore throat and the start of a cold so will blame Shiney as he has just said he has one so he must have passed the germs on to me:heehee::runforhills:

Loli,sorry to hear about your goldfish.My friend has a large plastic heron by her pond and she has no problems with herons.it is said that herons don't like stepping down into a pond or stretching down to get the fish.Strange that it didn't eat the fish though.:scratch:

Moira,it is disgusting that you and Steve have to keep putting up with water pouring into the flat.That would seriously get me down:cry3:

Just heard on the telly that Don Everly of The Everly Brothers fame has died.:cry3:

Waves to everyone else and hope you have a good day despite the battering and rain we are all experiencing at the moment:eeew:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
          +0
          Good morning everyone,

Kandy...I woke this morning sneezing my head off:doh:...this cold is certainly doing the rounds....i'm hoping it will come to nothing as there's lots of jobs i want to be getting on with.....hope you're feeling better soon:dbgrtmb:

Shiney....Hope you're OK too and have got over the worst of it:dbgrtmb:

I've got the pond pretty well protected from Mr Heron....apart from one bit where i couldn't get a stake in to attach the 'trip' wires but i'd put a garden chair in the gap.....ofcourse the wind had blown it over through the night :doh:so he took advantage of it:rolleyespink:....

It looks like it's going to be a seed catalogue browsing day as it's torrential rain out there but at least the wind is having a rest....:blue thumb:

Hope all is well with the Woo's,Moyra's,Lili's,Jazmine's,Penny's et al:dbgrtmb:

Where's Gdnam? hope he's doing OK:dbgrtmb:

Keep warm and dry everyone and take care:SUNsmile:

• moyra

Retired
          Ratings:
          +9,817
          Aloha everyone,

Shiney sounds as though you need the oily rag brought round. Mind you so do I.

Loli, Glad Theo is responding to the change in diet.

Kandy, I am heartedly sick of this flat I can tell you. Been on the council's housing list for over 20 years. but Steve and I are not a priority.

WOO, hope you and yours are all ok.

Have a good day, I'm about to take Amber out again in the wet. yuk. God bless everyone.

Aloha !:wub2:

235990.gif

• Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
          +0
          Good morning everyone,

I hope everyone is OK this morning:dbgrtmb:

I've just had a word with Mr Heron:old:....he's a magnificent bird though,lovely big healthy looking fellow....not surprising seen as he's been scoffing my fish:rolleyespink:.... he's out of luck today because the 'bottom' pond is empty now and ready for a refurb but i did tell him to help himself....i was after a picture;)... he's flown off in a sulk now:doh:....

The trimmings are coming down today:phew:...who's crazy idea was it to put 5 trees up:whistle:.....Still i'm now thinking Spring:dancy:....it's not far away now:dbgrtmb:

Take it easy everyone and take care:SUNsmile:

• moyra

Retired
          Ratings:
          +9,817
          Aloha everyone,

Lovely morning out there this morning all sunny and bright and frosty just how I like it. Wants some more of that.

Loli, so you were not able to get a photo of Mr Heron then. I must get on and get my decs down, glad I have not got 5 trees one is enough for me plus the garlands with their baubles and lights to come down too. window curtain lights I hate climbing steps to get them down but when needs must. I also have a lot of Christmas soft toys planted around and about all got to be collected up and bagged away.

Well have a good day everyone and stay safe, warm and dry! God bless.

Aloha!:wub2:

101145d2j3abfqsr.gif

Thread Status:
        Not open for further replies.