1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

your favourite tool/equipment for gardening

Discussion in 'Tools And Equipment' started by use to be gardener, Feb 4, 2007.

1. lapod

lapod Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I didnt edit this post and find it really funny that the word I wrote has been asterisked out as it was really innoccuous. To give a clue to my tool It is used usually for painting and decorating for getting paint off walls it is just a blade on a handle. I hope I dont inadvertantly out any more words in that hold hidden swears.

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    My favourite garden tool/aid has gotta be my knee pads. I wander around like a old miner in them but boy they are a dream on the old knees.
    Pity they are not pink! :D
    Helen.xxx.

3. OogieBoogie

OogieBoogie Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Another vote for kneepads, even if I do look a numpty in them. And of course the hoe.

4. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Sunny South coast (well, it used to be......)
    Ratings:
    +54
    I can't do without my kneeler/ seat thingy. It has handles on the side to help me up from kneeling, then if you flip it over, its a seat. I know I'm only twenty (cough) something, but with my Arthritis, if I don't have something to help me back up, I am stuck good and proper on my knees, and have to crawl to a wall to help me back up with..... or is it the effects of the gin, maybe...... hic....... [​IMG] [​IMG] :D [​IMG]

5. Scotkat

Scotkat Head Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +827
    Never without this the handiest garden tool for weeding just wrist action and hey presto twist and weeds come out.

We bought this a few yrs ago when we were on holiday in the States.

Think BQ did have them at one time after we came home.

[​IMG]
    Shot with Canon PowerShot A540 at 2007-07-26

6. vegman

vegman Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine is not so much a favourite that one can become romantically attached to but it is very useful. I nominate my superspray hose end sprayer which clips to a hosepipe and dilutes as you spray. foliar feeds for the garden and lawn, disinfectant for the greenhouse and car shampoo for the car. Saves me much time and a lot of effort not having to fill and hump buckets and watering cans around.

7. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I would like to add another "item" if I may, one that I could never do without in the garden.

A real multi tool which only needs the accasional feed,water, loves attention and a lovely chat.

My Husband Bob! :D [​IMG] he is indeed one Helofadigger!
    Helen.xxx.

8. Dave W

Dave W Total Gardener

Anything I fancy and can afford!
    Ratings:
    +3,035
    The tool I probably make most use of is an old diver's knife. Rather like Lapod's paint "remover" tool it's just great for weeding in confined spaces close to veg and flowers.

9. Fonzie

Fonzie Gardener

Transportation
    Ratings:
    +15
    It will always be the trowel for me.
    It's nice to get down to the level of the soil and see not only the plants at close hand, but all the critters that dwell there too. Magic.

10. shirl

shirl Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Long handled spade - no back ache!